[Insight-users] No ImageToPathFilter ?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Thu Sep 8 20:42:05 EDT 2005

Hi Stephane,

You are right,

Currently there are no filters in ITK that take an image
and produce a Path.

The only reason for this absence is that so far nobody
had asked for such a class. However, it makes a lot of
sense to initiate a family of these classes in ITK.

It will be great if you give it a try to implement this
class and contribute it to the toolkit.

The best channel for posting contributions to ITK is to
submit a paper to the Insight Journal. Note that this is
a non-standard Journal. We expect papers to the Insight
Journal to be very pragmatic and hands-on oriented. They
are the papers that will provide practical solutions to
image processing problems. Your paper is expected to be
accompanied with source code and data, so readers can
test your code, and replicate your experiments.

Please let us know if you have any questions about how
to implement this filter, or how to submit papers to
the Insight Journal.