[Insight-users] Viewing 2d vector fields in Paraview

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Sun Apr 16 22:18:19 EDT 2006

Load the deformation field in Paraview

Use the calculator. The equation is (for 2D deformation fields)
  ImageFile_0*iHat + imageFile_1*jHat + 0*kHat
and (for 3D deformation fields)
  ImageFile_0*iHat + imageFile_1*jHat + ImageFile_2*kHat

This converts the deformation field (represented as a multi-component
image data) to Vector data, which you can glyph to see the deformation
field.

HTH
-karthik