[Insight-users] Question about 3D MI registration

Karthik Krishnan Karthik.Krishnan at kitware.com
Fri Aug 4 16:52:06 EDT 2006

Smriti,

No, the images are not resampled to the same resolution prior to
registration.

Please read the "Registration" chapter of the software Guide.

Registration is done in physical space (world co-ordinates), not in
pixel space. The images are not required to have the same resolution (in
pixels) prior to registration.  The transform that the registration must
compute is in physical co-ordinates.

-karthik