[Insight-users] Re: ITK Java Wrapping in Visual Studio 8 .net in XP

Michael Bell michael.bell at acm.org
Wed Aug 9 15:43:27 EDT 2006

Gaetan,

My preference would be to provide straight itk binaries in tar.gz form
for linux and sun, and .zip for windows. (This is what I would use).
Then provide the wrappers separately, but in the same format.

Of course, it would be best to zip up the minimum files necessary. Do
you know what that would be?

Next, it would be good to have some directions about how to use the
files; setting LD_LIBRARY_PATH, loading the libraries in java
correctly, etc. Honestly, I'm still trying to figure out how to make
the compiled binaries portable, so any help there would be
appreciated. Currently, I point to the build directories.

Finally, are there issues with what compiler was used? Do we need to
statically link anything?

thanks,
michael

michael.bell at acm.org