[Insight-users] Re: WrapITK binaries

Charl P. Botha cpbotha at gmail.com
Wed Aug 9 17:00:00 EDT 2006

On 8/9/06, Gaëtan Lehmann <gaetan.lehmann at jouy.inra.fr> wrote:
> We have already talked about that some time ago with Charl.
> Charl, I think you have already deployed WrapITK on several host. Have you
> used a special method to do that ?

For this application I use PyInstaller, but WrapITK was too complex
for it.  In the end I just made a script that collects all the
relevant ITK/WrapITK DLLs and Python files and puts them in the right
places, on Windows and Linux.  I ship this whole tree with my
application.  The script is now integrated in my Frankensteinian
build-system and it seems to work.

You're welcome to have the bits that do the WrapITK 'packaging', of
course.  In principle, one should be able to take the generated tree
and plonk it down on a user's system.  After having set the
environment with a brilliant tool such as <plug>
cpbotha.net/Software/envedit </plug> you're good to go.

See you,
Charl