[Insight-users] 3 image registration

Niels Zelders nielsz at isi.uu.nl
Wed Aug 16 05:25:29 EDT 2006

Hello itk-users,

I would really appreciate some help in solving the following problem:
I'm trying to solve a multiple image registration problem and wondered
if the ITK already contained some components for this.
To be more precise, I am trying to register a (fixed) 3D ultrasound
image to a couple of (moving) 3D MR images. The MR images have the same
domain, so it's not a general 3 image registration problem, but more
like a scalar-image-to-double-valued -'vector'-image-problem. I do not
know how to adapt the 'itkMattesMutualInformationMetric' (I prefer to
use) in order to accept two moving images or a moving vector image
(probably due to the fact that the neccesary 3D histogram construction
is rather tricky to implement in a meaningful way??)
Does anyone know how to achieve this or have some hints on how to proceed?

Thanks in advance

Niels

--

Niels Zelders