[Insight-users] 3D Vessel Extraction and Measurement

Iván Macía imacia at vicomtech.es
Wed Jan 18 10:24:08 EST 2006

Hi Luis,

As you say in the second approach, i was thinking on selecting the vessel
center candidate points by means of an eigenanalysis of the Hessian matrix
and then to perform multi-scale analysis only on those points to estimate
centerline and radius. I want this analysis to be based on an offset
medialness function where the medialness contribution is calculated using
the sum of gradient contributions in a circular neighborhood. For this I was
thinking in a ShapedNeighborhoodIterator, is this a good approach? Then for
every point the scale at which the response is maximum is chosen.

However, it is not very clear to me how to implement the multi-scale
analysis here because I only need to do it on certain points. Is there any
easy way to calculate the gradient gaussian response in the vecinity of one
point? Is there any other better approach?

Thanks in advance

Ivan