[Insight-users] Weird result from Point Set Registration

Junyi Xia junyixia at ufl.edu
Thu Jan 26 16:13:26 EST 2006

Hi there,
     After replacing the example points used in the
IterativeClosetPoint2 with my test points, I found the output of the
IterativeClosetPoint2 seems weird. Each of the fixed and the moving
points  contain 6 points as shown in the following:
Fixed points:

0 5 0
0 -5 0
-5 0 0
0 0 5
0 0 -5
5 0 0

Moving points:

5 5 0
5 -5 0
0 0 0
5 0 5
5 0 -5
10 0 0

The true displace should be -5 on the x direction, however the program
returns:
Number of fixed Points = 6
Number of moving Points = 6
Solution = [-574253, -6.61669, -5.83746, -3.57322, -0.930079, 0.147961]

Is there any parameters I need to tune? Thanks

- Junyi