[Insight-users] runtime error in InsightSnap

Niloofar Gheissari Niloofar.Gheissari at anu.edu.au
Mon May 22 02:24:36 EDT 2006

Hi,

I am on Windows XP and I have ITK Applications version 2.6.0, ITK
Toolkit version 2.0.1, VTK version 5.0.0 and FLTK version 1.1.7 .  I
compile InsightSnap without any problem but when I try to run the exe
file I receive a runtime error which says
"Debug Error:
In file fltk-1.1.7\src\screen_xywh.cxx  line 59 Runtime Check Failure #0
The value of ESP was not properly saved across a function call. This is
usually a result of calling a function declared with one calling
convention with a function pointer declared with a different calling
convention."

I tried to debug it with no success. But if we look at screen_xywh.cxx
then the problematic function is here:

static BOOL CALLBACK screen_cb(HMONITOR mon, HDC, LPRECT, LPARAM) {
 if (num_screens >= 16) return TRUE;

 MONITORINFO mi;
 mi.cbSize = sizeof(mi);

//  GetMonitorInfo(mon, &mi);
 fl_gmi(mon, &mi);

 screens[num_screens] = mi.rcWork;
 num_screens ++;
 return TRUE;
}

I have no difficulty with compiling ITK and VTK or using VTK/ITK in my
code but I found SNAP very nasty. Does any one knows how to solve this
problem? Many thanks.

regards,

Niloofar