[Insight-users] Binary Image segmentation

gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de
Thu Aug 2 15:38:19 EDT 2007

Hello Dan

Thanks for your effort in understanding the problem. I meant by word
segmenting is not with respect to medical(or other)image processing, my
application is Document image segmentation. In another words , It would be
called as multiclass labeling problem. Please see following papers related
to binary image segmentation.

Bayesian decision feedback for segmentation of binary images
Kadaba, S.R.; Gelfand, S.B.; Kashyap, R.L. Acoustics, Speech, and Signal
Processing, 1995. ICASSP-95., 1995 International Conference on
Volume 4, Issue , 9-12 May 1995 Page(s):2543 - 2546 vol.4

Strzelecki M., Segmentation of Binary Images Using Network of Oscillators,
2 Krajowa, Konferencja Komputerowe Systemy Rozpoznawania KOSYR 2001, 28-31
May 2001

Especially papers from "International Journal of Document Analysis and
Recognition (IJDAR) - Computer Imaging, Vision, PR and Graphics "

My criterion to cluster is Shape:

I want rectangular,square, and horz and verticle line component to be
labbled in separation to Text and graphics on the document(Under
segmentation/clustering/labeling).

currently I am trying with "Feature extraction" section of ITK toolbox.
Results are not appreciable. So looking for a different approach using ITK
library.

Thanks in advance.

Sincerely
Gopal