[Insight-users] Binary Image segmentation

gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de
Wed Aug 15 10:56:06 EDT 2007

Dear Luis

Thanks for your reply. The results are realy good using
/InsightApplications/Curves2DExtractor. But That I will need later to
extract each feature from an extracted image. Currently I am trying to
extract a part of image ie. http://www.gopalrk.com/Output_Bottom_Left.JPG
from original image http://www.gopalrk.com/Input_Image.jpg automatically.

This is the flow of my work.

Input Image -> CannyEdgeDetectionImageFilter
->MathematicalMorphologyGrayscaleFilters (Image after multiple Dilation)
->itkConnectedComponentImageFilter->RelabelComponentImageFilter

This will give me an image with different label and size.

My Requirement : I want to locate the position of centroid (Pixel
location) of each label. So that After getting the centroid location, I
can map that point in original image and crop a region of interest which I
want around the centroid point so as to get
http://www.gopalrk.com/Output_Bottom_Left.JPG  from
http://www.gopalrk.com/Input_Image.jpg

After getting a this I will need your code Curves2DExtractor descibed in
your previous mail which is realy promising.

I am looking forward to hear from you.

Thanks!

Sincerely
Gopal Karemore

Zimmer no: 332
The Department of Bioinformatics
The Fraunhofer Institute for Algorithms and Scientific Computing
St. Augustin, Bonn
Germany 53754

Email : gkaremore at scai.fraunhofer.de
        gopal.karemore at gmail.com