[Insight-users] InterpolateImageFunction neighborhood

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Aug 27 12:28:42 EDT 2007

Hi Julien,

Your work sounds very interesting.

Unfortunately the interpolators in ITK do not have a mechanism
for letting you know what is their required neighborhood.

However, on the bright side, each one of them uses *always* the
same neighborhood.

   - NearestNeighborhood :   Neighborhood size = 1^N
   - Linear              :   Neighborhood size = 3^N
   - BSpline             :   Neighborhood size = 5^N

Note that the ResampleImageFilter has already been modified
in order to be multi-threaded as part of the effort for
improving the performance of ITK Registrations methods.

The changes for multi-threading imply providing support for
streaming.

You will find details about this effort at:
http://wiki.na-mic.org/Wiki/index.php/ITK_Registration_Optimization

The new code is available at:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Code/itkOptimized/?root=BWHITKOptimization

You may want to look at the files: