[Insight-users] Question about ConvertBetweenFileFormats usage

Vandana Mohan gth115a at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Jan 26 16:46:45 EST 2007

Hello,

Thank you for the previous email.

I compiled Insight Applications and built it successfully. Now I am trying to
use the ConvertBetweenFileFormats application to read the GE Signa 5.x data and
convert it to nrrd format.

However, I get an uncaught exception and so when I put in some code to debug
this, following is the exception stack I see:
ExceptionObject caught in GenerateOutputInformation!

itk::ImageFileReaderException (01B5F890)
Location: "void __thiscall itk::ImageFileReader<class itk::Image<short,3>,class
itk::DefaultConvertPixelTraits<short> >::GenerateOutputInformation(void)"
File: c:\documents and settings\gth115a\desktop\insight\codeandbinaries\insightt
oolkit-3.0.0\code\io\itkImageFileReader.txx
Line: 143
1.MR
  Tried to create one of the following:
    BioRadImageIO
    GDCMImageIO
    MetaImageIO
    PNGImageIO
    VTKImageIO
    GiplImageIO
    LSMImageIO
    NiftiImageIO
    AnalyzeImageIO
    StimulateImageIO
    JPEGImageIO
    TIFFImageIO
    NrrdImageIO
    BMPImageIO
    DICOMImageIO2
  You probably failed to set a file suffix, or
    set the suffix to an unsupported type.

Could you please advise me further on using this application for this task? (My
available data is the .MR files and header files z01.hdr, zo2.hdr through
z11.hdr and 4D.hdr etc.) Alternately, if you could direct me to a link with
information about selection of appropriate ImageIOs, I could try to write my own
program to do this conversion.

Thank you.
Sincerely,
Vandana
--
ECE PhD Student, Computer Vision and Biomedical Imaging Lab of Professor Allen
Tannenbaum