[Insight-users] Origin of Analyze Format data

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Jan 28 10:52:51 EST 2007

Hi Tanya,

I'm not sure what the "originator" field is supposed
to represent in the Analyze header.

The specification of the Analyze header

      http://www.mayo.edu/bir/PDF/ANALYZE75.pdf

just list this field as a "10 chars".

While the following table actually leads to think
that the 10 chars have been used as 5 signed short
(16 bits) integers:

http://www.grahamwideman.com/gw/brain/analyze/formatdoc.htm

Hopefully a more knowledgeable person on the Analyze
format could give us some hints regarding the intended
use of this field.

     Regads,

        Luis