[Insight-users] 3D image from non-contiguous slices?

Steve M. Robbins steve at sumost.ca
Wed Jun 13 14:41:26 EDT 2007

Hi,

In all the example code I've seen, an image is stored in a single
contiguous chunk of memory.  I'm wondering whether it is possible,
instead, to construct a 3D image from a bunch of 2D slices that are
NOT stored in contiguous memory -- i.e. storage that is only
"slice-contiguous".

I have a dim recollection of this discussion appearing on the mailing
list in the past year or two, but I couldn't find it.

What I did find was a proposal to implement iterator traits, which
would support this: http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:IteratorTraits
Since this is still marked as a proposal, I'm guessing it is not
implemented.  Anyone know of the status?

Thanks,
-Steve