[Insight-users] ImageSeriesReader and ImageSeriesWriter

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Sep 30 11:55:00 EDT 2007

Hi Diego,

What are you modifying on each slice ?

   DICOM header information ?
   or pixel data ?

If you read all the slices using the ImageSeriesReader,
you will form a 3D image. You could modify each slice
of the image, by using ImageIterators that are defined
of the region of a single slice every time.

Then you could save the resulting slices using the
ImageSeriesWriter.

You will find examples on how to read and write
ImageSeries in the ITK Software Guide

    http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the Chapter "Reading and Writing Images".

You will find the corresponding source code examples
in the directory Insight/Examples/IO.