[Insight-users] Dashboard Submit Hangs

Sean McBride sean at rogue-research.com
Mon Aug 18 17:24:37 EDT 2008

On 8/17/08 7:17 AM, Kevin H. Hobbs said:

>Every night I run the Nightly builds and tests of CMake, ITK, VTK, and
>ParaView, in that order. The machine is gargon.hooperlab on the dashboards.
>Everything was fine for a while. Recently the VTK, and ParaView builds have
>not been running. Also I've been collecting ctest processes, and my nightly
>cron jobs have not been finishing. I'll kill all of the processes or restart
>the computer. The next day all four builds show up on the dashboard. The
>following day, however, VTK and ParaView are not built, I have 2 ctest
>processes, one copy of my build script, and, here's the real gem,
>Insight_build/Testing/Temporary/LastSubmit_20080817-0100.log.tmp exists, and
>does NOT end with "Submission successful".
>
>So it seams to me that the ITK submission is hanging.

Interesting.  One of our build machines (RogueResearch5) seems to be
doing pretty much the same thing.  It started after we switched from
cmake 2.6.0 to 2.6.1 and simultaneously changed from gcc 4.0 to 4.2.
Oddly, there is no problem for our other machines.  I assumed it was a
problem on our end, but maybe there is something more...

Sean McBride, B. Eng                 sean at rogue-research.com