Re: [Insight-users] problem with registering a sequence of images

Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz Tomash.Kazmar at seznam.cz
Fri Feb 15 04:50:40 EST 2008

Hi Chunfang,

  you do not provide sufficient information to tell why your algorithm fails.
Did you check the tranfsormation you get after first registration and
the resulting image. How wrong the result of the second registration is?
Which kind of transformation between images do you wnat to recover?
Please tell us the details and add the relevant part of the source.

Another thing is that the algorithm as you describe it, will accumulate
the errors. What is your task? Do you have a finite sequence? Is not it
better to choose a pivot image and align all other images to it, or to use
groupwise registration:
http://www.insight-journal.org/InsightJournalManager/view_publication.php?pubid=173

Regards,
Tomas

# there is a sequence of images, what I want to do is to take the first one as
# the reference, warp the second one using registration, then take the warped
# second image as the new referece image to register the third one, and it
# goes on like this
#
# the processe goes well when registering the original second image using the
# first image as refernce,
# but when the registed second image was used as the reference image to
# register the third image in the sequence, the result turns wrong.
# the result image is very small, the
#
# I wonder whether the image created by the ITK registration has some
# difference
# can someone help me to find the problem, I get confused about this problem