[Insight-users] CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX

Rupert Brooks rupe.brooks at gmail.com
Fri Feb 15 16:27:12 EST 2008

Hello,

Recently I've been trying to set up my ITK build so that it will
append a "d" to the end of the debug libraries and install them in the
same place as the release ones, so that my debug and release builds
can coexist properly.   CMake supports this with a the
CMAKE_DEBUG_POSTFIX option - which i added to the CMakeLists.txt.
However, the UseITK.cmake, ITKConfig.cmake, etc always use the library
names without the "d".  Thus for the debug build, these files are just
plain wrong - for example they will say to link against
itkStatistics.lib which was never built - itkStatisticsd.lib was
built.  There is then the further problem that the debug build of
these files overwrites the release build of it.

I can probably slog my way through a workaround, but is anyone else
doing this, or perhaps is there a better way to do what i want to do?
Should this be a requested feature?

The technical details: Im using Visual Studio 2005 Express on Windows
XP, with CMake 2.4.8.  I'm building ITK3.4.

Rupert