[Insight-users] Question on Examples

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Tue Jul 8 15:14:41 EDT 2008

Hi Mishali,

The ITK Software Guide, have instructions on how to run many of
the examples, (not all, as you pointed out).

That being said, the source code of most of the Examples have a
preface that is used by the build process of the Software Guide
to identify how to run the example for the purpose of generating
the images shown in the Guide. This was nicely organized by
Karthik Krishnan at Kitware during the preparation of the
ITK Software Guide second edition.

For example, if you look at

     Insight/Examples/Segmentation/ConfidenceConnected.cxx

You will find close to the top of the file, the following lines:

//  Software Guide : BeginCommandLineArgs
//  INPUTS: {BrainProtonDensitySlice.png}
//  OUTPUTS: {ConfidenceConnectedOutput1.png}
//  60 116
//  Software Guide : EndCommandLineArgs

//  Software Guide : BeginCommandLineArgs
//  INPUTS: {BrainProtonDensitySlice.png}
//  OUTPUTS: {ConfidenceConnectedOutput2.png}
//  81 112
//  Software Guide : EndCommandLineArgs

//  Software Guide : BeginCommandLineArgs
//  INPUTS: {BrainProtonDensitySlice.png}
//  OUTPUTS: {ConfidenceConnectedOutput3.png}
//  107 69
//  Software Guide : EndCommandLineArgs

They indicate that if you run the command line:

ConfidenceConnected.exe BrainProtonDensitySlice.png
                         ConfidenceConnectedOutput1.png  60 116

(in a single line)

Then you will get the images that are presented in
the ITK Software Guide.

If you need more precise instructions, it will help a lot
if you specify to the mailing list what precise ITK Example
you are trying to run    :-)

    Please let us know,