[Insight-users] Extract a non-orthogonal 2D slice from a 3D image

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Mar 29 18:43:07 EDT 2008

Hi Brandon,

Yes,

you can use the itkResampleImageFilter:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1ResampleImageFilter.html

You can indicate the rotation of the new image grid
with respect to the original image grid with a
VersorRigid3DTransform.

Please read the ITK Software Guide

     http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in particular, section: "6.9 Geometric Transformations"
in pdf-page 252.

If you want to extract a single slice, then define
the size of your output image as having size = 1 in
its third dimension.

You can chose the interpolator to use along with
the ResamapleImageFilter. The linear interpolator
is a common choice, but you have three other options:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1InterpolateImageFunction.html

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1BSplineInterpolateImageFunction.html