[Insight-users] RegistrationFunctions and Filters

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Wed Sep 24 08:31:54 EDT 2008

Hi Jordi,

You may want to look at the code in:

           Insight/Examples/Registration

There is not really a RegistrationFilter in ITK, at least
not for the generic image registration framework.

The closest to it, is the ImageRegistrationMethod class,
that you will see used in most of the examples in the
directory above.

What you want to do is to connect to this class one of
the following metrics:

http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1NormalizedCorrelationImageToImageMetric.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MattesMutualInformationImageToImageMetric.html
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1MutualInformationImageToImageMetric.html

For a full list of Metrics, please look at:
http://www.itk.org/Insight/Doxygen/html/group__RegistrationMetrics.html

In the ITK Software Guide

   http://www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

in the "Image Registration" Chapter, you will find many
examples on how to use the registration framework.

Are you looking in particular for a Deformable registration method ?

   Please let us know