[Insight-users] ITK 3.10.1 Packages for Ubuntu 8.04 and 8.10

Oleksandr Dzyubak adzyubak at gmail.com
Wed Jan 21 06:08:20 EST 2009

Hi Mathieu,

Just couple notes.

1) Ubuntu is not Debian even though it is based on Debian.

2) As you remember, Debian has three levels: Stable, Testing, Unstable.

3) The stable branch is only recommended for production.

4) At this moment, the stable version is Debian-Etch which does not
include the Insight Toolkit. For this reason, those of us who
have stations with Etch should compile ITK ourselves.

5) The next, testing version Debian-Lenny, includes Insight Toolkit 3.6
which is good but a bit outdated for some applications so if you cannot
tolerate
ITK-3.6, you have to compile 3.10 yourself.

6) Unstable version Debian-Sid includes Insight Toolkit 3.10
on its "packaging list" but it is highly not recommended to use
on production stations.
....Unless "you know what you are doing...."

Alex