[Insight-users] itk::AffineTransform

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 14:43:26 EDT 2009

As I understand the itk::AffineTransform is composed of translation,
rotation, scaling and shear. So if I have a moving image that is translated
a few mm to the left and then rotated a few degrees clockwise I could use
itk::AffineTransform once to resolve the misalignment. Alternatively I had
to first do a translation transform followed by a rotation transform which
yields 2 transforms.

Is it correct that itk::AffineTransform is basically just used to combine a
sequence of transforms (translation, rotation, scaling and shear) into one?