[Insight-users] Validation of deformable registration

Marta t_s_80 at gmx.de
Thu Mar 5 11:38:08 EST 2009

Hi,

I try to validate my deformable registration method and I do already
know that there is no standard for it.
Anyway, I found in older posts a way to do it by generating an
artificially deformation field and compare it with the result
deformation field.
Luis told (e.g.) so in http://www.itk.org/pipermail/insight-users/2006-July/018634.html
:

"The common approach is to artificially generate a
deformation field by using ThinPlateSplines, use this artificial
deformation field in order to create a deformed version of your image.
Then use your registration method between the original and the
deformed image, and finally compare the artificial deformation field
against the one that
you produced with the registration method."

However, I'm not sure what is the best way to compare the deformation
fields. Can I also use a squared image difference?
Or are there any better ways?

Would be happy for any suggestions!

Best regards,
Marta