[Insight-users] Medianfilter:Requested region is outside..

doege at mi.fu-berlin.de doege at mi.fu-berlin.de
Wed Mar 18 05:33:35 EDT 2009

Hi Luis,

1. perhaps I was misleading words, I trying to use the itk::median
filter with mitk and I think that I am getting an itk error, which
probably means that I am using either itk or mitk wrong.

2. I am getting the error after using it the first time.

3.:
template < typename TPixel, unsigned int VImageDimension >
void QmitkAutomaticSegmentation::AutomaticSegmentation( itk::Image<
TPixel, VImageDimension >* itkImage )
{
   typedef itk::Image< TPixel, VImageDimension > InputImageType;  // Image type
   typedef itk::Image< TPixel, VImageDimension > OutputImageType;
   typedef typename InputImageType::IndexType    IndexType;

   //Median Filter
   typedef itk::MedianImageFilter<InputImageType, OutputImageType >
FilterType; //creating Filtertype
   FilterType::Pointer filter = FilterType::New(); //filter object
erzeugt filter

   InputImageType::SizeType indexRadius; //Radius for calculating the
median filter

   indexRadius[0] = 0; // radius along x
   indexRadius[1] = 0; // radius along y
   indexRadius[2] = 0; // radius along z
   filter->SetRadius( indexRadius );

   filter->SetInput( itkImage); //aufrufen des Filters

   std::cout << "Execute the filter";
   filter->UpdateLargestPossibleRegion();

   //filter->Update();

    mitk::Image::Pointer resultImage = mitk::ImportItkImage(
filter->GetOutput() );
   mitk::DataTreeNode::Pointer newNode = mitk::DataTreeNode::New();
   newNode->SetData( resultImage );

   mitk::DataTreeNodeFactory::SetDefaultImageProperties( newNode );

   // add result to data tree
   mitk::DataStorage::GetInstance()->Add( newNode );

   mitk::RenderingManager::GetInstance()->RequestUpdateAll();
}

Best regards
Juliane