[Insight-users] Masks with Multiresolution Registration

Sean Ziegeler sean.ziegeler at nrlssc.navy.mil
Thu Mar 19 15:05:58 EDT 2009

I'd like to use a fixed & moving mask when doing multiresolution
registration.  However, there isn't a straightforward way (that I can
see) to specify the masks as an image pyramid in the same way that one
would the input images.

I assume one must specify a reduced resolution version of the mask for
each corresponding level?  If so, the only way I can see to do this is
to use a command observer that executes before each level, obtain a
pointer to the metric, shrink the mask with ShrinkImageFilter, and set
the new mask.

Does that sound about right?

Thanks,
Sean