[Insight-users] Literature about itk::RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer ?

motes motes mort.motes at gmail.com
Tue Nov 10 16:43:58 EST 2009

Where do I find articles, textbooks that describe the math behind
itk::RegularStepGradientDescentOptimizer. When I google the term
"Regular Step Gradient Descent Optimizer" I almost only get references
to messages on the itk mailing list.

I have the book: Numerical Optimization, Second Edition, Mocedal:

http://www.amazon.com/Numerical-Optimization-Operations-Financial-Engineering/dp/0387303030/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1257889335&sr=8-1

But I cannot find anything about the Regular Step Gradient Descent
Optimizer. Any hints are much appreciated!