[Insight-users] Granulometry filter in ITK?

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sun Nov 15 10:30:25 EST 2009

Hi Lynx,

Is it your final goal to produce a Histogram of grain sizes ?

If so,
You may find useful the LabelMap classes that were recently added
to the Code/Review directory.

They are described in the following Insight Journal paper:

"Label object representation and manipulation with ITK"
Lehmann G.
INRA
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/176
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/584

In particular, you may want to use the filter:

     itkShapeLabelMapFilter

to compute the volumes of granules present in the image,
and the use the itk::Histogram for building a summarized
representation of these population.

You may also find useful this other Insight Journal paper:

"A Label Geometry Image Filter for Multiple Object Measurement"
Padfield D., Miller J.
GE Global Research
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/301
http://hdl.handle.net/1926/1493