[Insight-users] Granulometry filter in ITK?

Richard Beare richard.beare at gmail.com
Sun Nov 15 16:11:29 EST 2009

The other easy option to get a histogram of sizes (which doesn't rely
on segmenting the image into independent blobs, as the label map
approach does) is to look at regional maxima in the distance transform
of your mask. This gives basically the same information as a series of
openings/area measures used to produe the traditional granulometry.