[Insight-users] Demon's Registration Question

calice14 gtg102x at mail.gatech.edu
Fri Apr 23 10:33:53 EDT 2010

Hello all,

I have a quick question about Demon's Registration.  I have successfully
implemented an example, but the results were not what I expected. The
simulated phantom are of ellipsoid and cylinder shape. One constrain for the
two phantoms is, the total intensities of the two phantoms are the same. So
for the cylinder phantom, the pixel value is 5000 while for ellipsoid it's
4860. After registration, I got the result phantom which shape can match the
cylinder. The problem is, the pixel intensity of the registered images
followed the moving phantom(ellipsoid 4860), not the fixed phantom (cylinder
5000).
As it's assumed that Demon registration should keep the total intensity in
the registered images, I'm wondering why my registered images don't have the
correct pixel value (4860)?

Is the Demon's Algorithm not implemented to keep total intensity values
constant after registration?

Please excuse me if this seems trivial.  I am a very much a newbie to the
image registration world :)

Thanks all,

Alice Cheung