[Insight-users] ring artifacts in CT

somi seesomi at gmail.com
Wed Apr 28 09:40:17 EDT 2010

Hi Sergio, Mario ,
Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately these images were given to me by someone
and I don't have access to scanners directly.
Median filtering seemed to suppress the noise to some extent, I would try
out Fourier analysis. I think converting the image to cylindrical
co-ordinates might help before Fourier analysis.

a) Does ITK have any frequency domain High/Low/notch etc filters ? or do I
have to create mask images depending on what type of filter I am applying ?

b) Does ITK have any Cartesian to cylindrical/spherical co-ordinate
transformation ?  Or do I have to create my own transform and pass it to
resample image filter ?

Regards,
Somi