[Insight-users] Manual selection of control points

Ganesh Narayanasamy nganesh76 at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 16 15:48:55 EDT 2010

Hi,
 I am working on 3D-CT image registration problem. I start with performing affine registration on coarse images followed by a non-rigid registration (Demons or B-spline) on fine images.

a) Is there a code for manual selection of control points that could guide the affine and then the non-rigid registration module?

b) Once the registration is done, I would like to evaluate the registration error using a different non-rigid registration technique (say, Thin plate spline). This would need another set of manually selected fiducial markers on the fixed and the registered image volume. My question is: Is it possible to apply the non-rigid transformation parameters on these fiducial markers and get its corresponding coordinates in the new image space?

Thanks,
Ganesh

"What the mind of man can conceive and believe, It can achieve" - Napolean Hill
-Ganesh
Narayanasamy,Ph.D., PostDoc-University of Kentucky Cancer Center
Earlier work: http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2007/05/070504133017.htm