[Insight-users] CMake 2.8 config error

Brad King brad.king at kitware.com
Tue Mar 23 15:08:33 EDT 2010

Dean Inglis wrote:
> Here is a bit more after some testing.
> I tried compiling against the stable ITK release
> (InsightToolkit-3.16.0) with CMake 2.8 and
> get the same error.  I removed CMake 2.8 and
> installed CMake 2.6, did a clean config and build
> of all sources and now the error no longer occurs.
> I am cc'ing to CMake users as this seems more of a
> CMake issue than ITK (or CMake with ITK?).
[snip]
>> Cmake Error at Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt:104 (INSTALL):
>> install TARGETS given no ARCHIVE DESTINATION for static
>> library target "vtkmetaio".

Edit ITK/Utilities/MetaIO/CMakeLists.txt to add some message()-s
in this top block:

IF(VTK_VERSION)
  SET(METAIO_FOR_VTK 1)
  MARK_AS_ADVANCED( METAIO_FOR_VTK )
  SET(METAIO_NAMESPACE "vtkmetaio")
  MESSAGE(FATAL_ERRORO "ITK IS NOT VTK!")  # ADD THIS LINE
ELSE(VTK_VERSION)
ENDIF(VTK_VERSION)

Does CMake hit this?  Are you pointing ITK at a VTK?

-Brad