[Insight-users] SetNumberOfSpatialSamples has no effect on computation time???

pinpress sb_ji at yahoo.com
Wed May 26 14:38:16 EDT 2010

Hi Luis,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I was sure that I compiled in Release mode, and I
have set the two Cmake Flags so that to use optimized registration
techniques. The "SetNumberOfSpatialSamples ()" function does have a very
noticeable effect on the performance on Mattes Registration technique. I
have timed the registration (using "time" in Linux) using normalized mutual
information or correlation coefficient image similarity metrics to perform
the registration. By changing the # of samples to only 10% or 100% of the
input # of voxels, the computation times were the same.

Therefore, I suspect this may be because the SetNumberOfSpatialSamples()
function is by-passed somewhere down the path of implementation?

Thanks for looking into this!