[Insight-users] Simplify a set of points in ITK

Marta Peroni m.peroni at gmail.com
Wed Nov 24 11:17:48 EST 2010

Hi!
I have a kind of "dummy" problem. I do need to select a subset of point
cloud describing the contour of a structure (the points are previously
derived with the ITK Review implementation of Marching Squares and therefore
I do have *lots* of points).
I found a very nice implementation of this in CGAL Random_Simplify_Points,
but unfortunately I cannot include the whole library in my project.
So here it comes the question:
I did store my points (x,y,z) in a PointsContainer (as in PointSet2.cxx).
Now in order for the algorithm to work, I need to randomly shuffle /
randomly extract from the container (shuffle would be the best option).
Is there something similar to itk::ImageRandomNonRepeatingIteratorWithIndex
but for points containers?and/or a shuffle method?
thanks a lot
Marta
Marta Peroni
PhD Student - Bioengineering department - Politecnico di Milano (IT)

contacts:
mail: marta.peroni at mail.polimi.it , m.peroni at gmail.com
mobile: +393488202136 (IT) +16178186365 (US)
office: +39 02 2399 9022