[Insight-users] ITKTo VTKImageFilter Problem

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Sat Oct 16 15:32:09 EDT 2010

Hi Xiaopeng,

When performing visualization with VTK you must
place the camera in the correct position with
respect to the data.

See:
http://www.itk.org/Wiki/Proposals:Orientation#C.7.6.2.1.1_Image_Position_And_Image_Orientation

and see the code in IGSTK:
http://public.kitware.com/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/Source/igstkView2D.cxx?root=IGSTK&view=markup

Also, a quick and dirty solution is to use
the itkFlipImageFilter, but that is NOT
the safe way of displaying medical data.

instead,
You should place the vtkCamera in the
correct location and with the correct Up
orientation.