[Insight-users] map mesh points from transformed volume to original volume

Olga C. Avila-Montes ocamcaro at gmail.com
Sat Jul 2 20:11:43 EDT 2011

Hi everyone!

I'm using the filter itk::ObliqueSectionImageFilter from the Insight Journal
article:
http://www.insight-journal.org/browse/publication/168
to obtain a transformed volume where I perform a segmentation and obtain its
mesh using itkBinaryMask3DMeshSource.
Each slice of the transformed volume is coming from a different plane of the
original volume, and I want to map back the points from the mesh to the
original volume space, but I have not been able to. . .
I tried accessing each point from the mesh and applying the inverse
transform using TransformPoint like this:

inverseTransform = dynamic_cast< TransformType* >(
filterOblique->GetTransform(  )->GetInverseTransform(  ).GetPointer(  ) );
PointType pointout = inverseTransform->TransformPoint( point );
mesh->SetPoint( pointid, pointout );

but is not giving me good results, and I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong
Do you know how can this be achieved?
Thanks!

Olga C Avila-Montes
Research Assistant, Computational Biomedicine Lab (www.cbl.uh.edu)
Dept. of Computer Science, University of Houston, Houston, TX 77204-3010
Email: ocamcaro at gmail.com