[Insight-users] qury regarding vnl library of ITk

Luis Ibanez luis.ibanez at kitware.com
Mon Mar 7 19:37:12 EST 2011

Hi Chinmay,

1) The determinant of a 3x4 matrix is always zero.

2) vnl_det can only be called on "vnl_matrix_fixed" types.

Please do:

#include "vnl/vnl_det.h"
#include "vnl/vnl_matrix_fixed.h"
#include <iostream>

int main()
{
  vnl_matrix_fixed<double,3,3>  m;

  m(0,0) = 1;
  m(1,1) = 2;
  m(2,2) = 3;

  double det = vnl_det( m );

  std::cout << "det = " << det << std::endl;

  return 0;
}