[Insight-users] speed of itk cross correlation vs matlab

Daniel Blezek Blezek.Daniel at mayo.edu
Wed May 25 12:03:38 EDT 2011

On 5/24/11 6:55 PM, "jimmylovesni" <jimmylovesni at gmail.com> wrote:

> hello
> before i get started trying ITK, i want to know if it will be any faster
> than matlab. I am doing 3D cross correlations ((2 photon image z stacks)
> which take 2-3 days to process in matlab for the areas I am searching. What
> kind of ballpark comparable speeds will i see with ITK?
> thanks
> Jim

Are your images huge?  I'd speculate that you are doing the
cross-correlations in image space, it might be beneficial to do them in the
Fourier domain.  Typically there is a cross-over point where using an FFT is
faster.

-dan

--
Daniel Blezek, PhD
Medical Imaging Informatics Innovation Center

P 127 or (77) 8 8886
T 507 538 8886
E blezek.daniel at mayo.edu

Mayo Clinic
200 First St. S.W.
Harwick SL-44
Rochester, MN 55905
mayoclinic.org
"It is more complicated than you think." -- RFC 1925