[Insight-users] Request for Paper Contributions to ITK-Focused Frontiers Special Issue

brian avants stnava at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 13:17:17 EST 2012

Hi Everyone

Terry Yoo, Nick Tustison, Hans Johnson and I would like to propose a
special issue focused on ITK/ITKv4 for Frontiers in Neuroinformatics.

This collection of papers will give an opportunity to the ITK
community to document and promote the research that is being performed
with the toolkit including the latest developments associated with
ITKv4.    This has been done for Python before:

http://www.frontiersin.org/Neuroinformatics/researchtopics/Python_in_neuroscience/8

What we need now, from the community, is small but essential:  please
send a suggested title/topic for your paper and contact information
(just name + email address).

For instance, we would like to see papers about SimpleITK, the GPU
framework and level sets as well as contributions from the A2D2 teams.
 We intend the scope to be very inclusive --- whether you use ITK or
develop for it, please consider contributing.

Frontiers is archived by the NLM and indexed in PubMed.  To learn more
about Frontiers, see
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Frontiers_(publisher)  --- they host an
interactive review process and follow the "author-pays" business
model, like PLoS, http://www.frontiersin.org/neuroscience/fees ...
Research topics cost between 770euro and 960euro per paper, which is
fairly standard these days.

A github project hosting the current version of the proposal is here:

https://github.com/stnava/ITKfrontiers

The README has some info and the file "abstract.pdf" contains a draft
proposal that will be modified once we have a better idea of who wants
to be involved.

Happy Holidays,

Nick Tustison, Hans Johnson, Terry Yoo and Brian Avants