[Insight-users] itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter

Suyash P. Awate suyash at cs.utah.edu
Wed Dec 19 17:28:55 EST 2012

Hi,

I'm trying to use the itk::GeodesicActiveContourLevelSetImageFilter filter.

I pass to SetInput() a signed-distance-transform image (inside 0, outside
1) where the zero level set is close to the boundary of the structure
desire to segment.

Even if I don't use any advection and propagation terms (
SetAdvectionScaling(0), SetPropagationScaling(0) ) and just use a
smoothness term ( SetCurvatureScaling(1) ), I get a terribly-wiggly zero
level set in the output image. Am I missing something concerning this
ITK-filter usage ? [ my image spacing is isotropic ].

Thanks for your time.

Regards,
S.