[Insight-users] Reading a vtk polydata to a Mesh

Demian Wassermann demian at bwh.harvard.edu
Tue Feb 7 12:14:46 EST 2012

Hello to everyone,

I have been trying to read a vtkPolyData into an ITK mesh. I've been succesfull but I can not get the point data. I have a vtkPolyData that has several point-data arrays with scalars, vectors and tensors. Any clue on how to do this? I've used something like:

     itk::MeshIOBase::Pointer meshIO = itk::MeshIOFactory::CreateMeshIO(
        ( inputOption->GetValue() ).c_str(), itk::MeshIOFactory::ReadMode );

      reader->SetMeshIO( meshIO );

      reader->GetMeshIO()->SetUpdatePointData(1);

      reader->SetFileName( ( inputOption->GetValue() ).c_str() );
      reader->Update();

However I don't know where to look for the different PointData Arrays, it seems to only read 1 of them and put it in an itkVectorContainer. I've checked the metadata dictionaries of the meshIO, the reader and the mesh without success

Thanks
Demian

--
Demian Wassermann, PhD