[Insight-users] Problems building ITK 4 (eclipse & mingw)

RubenSchilling r.b.schilling at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 18:32:19 EST 2012

Hi,

Sergio is right with the description, although personally I wouldnt touch
the gcc distribution.

If u want a quick hack u can simply replace the include for float.h in the
ITK source code. Assuming your MinGW location that code change would be
inside itkFloatingPointExceptions.cxx: #include <C:\MinGW\include\float.h>
at line 409. This narrows the code changes down to the ITK project and not
possibly all code developed on your machine (as with changing the gcc
header).

Aesthetically I dislike all these solutions, because this particular problem
is a configuration problem. It should be possible to change the include
order either in the CMake configuration files or within the generated
Eclipse project (right click on project->properties->C++->symbols and
paths).

But doing the hack as described above should fix it for you, if you are
short in time. If you are responsible for installations on more machines
than your own I would invest the time to find a real configuration fix.

Best, Ruben