[Insight-users] more efficient way to set pixels than SetPixel() and GetPixel() from RGBImage

danieljohnsonusa at netscape.net danieljohnsonusa at netscape.net
Thu Feb 9 21:19:49 EST 2012

I'm developing an application using itk libraries where I need to set
Pixels in regions of a 3D MRI image.  I started by building an
application that based off of RGBImage where I use the SetPixel command
 from the itk libraries, but I noticed in the code that there is a
comment stating that SetPixel()}and GetPixel() are inefficient and
should only be used for debugging purposes.  However, I've looked at a
few other examples and have had a hard time finding the portion of the
code where pixels are set.  For example, I've been studying the
DiscreteGaussianImageFilter in the itk libraries but I've had a hard
time finding the part of the code where individual pixels are set.  I
would greatly appreciate if someone could help explain to me where in
the code for filters like the DiscreteGaussianImageFilter that
individual pixels are set so I can find a more efficient way than the
SetPixel and GetPixel functions from RGBImage.

Thanks,

Daniel