[Insight-users] Iterative Closest Point Error- Pls Help

Lisa Dean lisadean.leo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 30 00:24:52 EST 2012

Hi again,

Sorry that I keep posting and filling up the list. But, I have so many
doubts coz the more I delve into it, the more confusing it seems to be
getting and I have so little time in which to complete my work.

Anyway, I checked out the Doxygen documentation for all the classes
mentioned in the *IterativeClosestPoint2.cxx*, and certain things have come
to my notice. For eg. I understand that the optimizer minimizes a cost
function and the optimizer used here is the *LevenbergMarquardt Optimizer*.
When I checked the class reference for this optimizer I found a method call
*SetCostFunction(MultipleValuedCostFunction* costFunction),* but this
method has not been called anywhere in the main program. How then does the
program pass the cost function to the optimizer, what kind of cost function
is it passing and where is it being passed from?

Another doubt that I have tried to resolve on my own but seems to reappear
time and again is whether the transformation is applied to the fixed
pointset or the moving pointset. The documentation seems to say something,
whereas the program examples seem to say something else. Anyway does it
matter which pointset the transformation is applied to?

Thanks again
Please do help

Lisa