[Insight-users] documentation...

David Doria daviddoria at gmail.com
Wed May 30 21:57:37 EDT 2012

On Wed, May 30, 2012 at 9:10 PM, Matt McCormick
<matt.mccormick at kitware.com> wrote:
> Hi Luke,
>
> The Doxygen documentation is a good place to look.  Look at the Set/Get
> methods for a parameter and the class documentation found under "Detailed
> Description".  For more the source code itself tells the most detailed
> story.
>
> Hope this helps,
> Matt

Luke,

I completely agree. Matt, in this case (and many, many others) the
documentation is missing. E.g. the the particular function of interest
to Luke:

http://www.itk.org/Doxygen/html/classitk_1_1SigmoidImageFilter.html#af9142943beb00416f7fb5b13e858b1e9

It is understandable how that leaves something to be desired :)

Luke, the good news is that there is a reasonable system in place to
improve this documentation. If you look at the top of that page, there
is an "Edit Comments" link. The only way we can cover all of these
thousands of classes is with support from the entire community. Once
you figure out a reasonable description of the parameter with the
missing documentation, you can add it to the documentation! In this
particular case, there is an excellent description in the ITK Software
Guide (p150): www.itk.org/ItkSoftwareGuide.pdf

It would be great if you could extract some of this information and
add it to the Doxygen. If the thousands of ITK users did this each
time they came across and solved a problem, I'd bet the Doxygen would
be complete in only a few weeks.

David