[Insight-users] ITK and C++\CLI

Anthony Baker anthony.ww.baker at gmail.com
Tue Feb 19 23:47:15 EST 2013

I would like to use ITK on an existing project and am interested in the
simplest path to success.  I am using c++\cli in visual studio.  I have
incorporated OpenCV and GDAL into the project and have many classes and win
form windows incorporated.

I thought (naively) that I could treat ITK in a similar way to OpenCV.  I
compiled openCV into a set of dlls.  I then compiled my project with the
includes and linked against the .libs and finally included the opencv dlls
with my final deployment exe.

I tried this method with ITK but it didn't work.  I was able to compile and
link by added the right headers and .lib files but when I ran the project
it immediately failed with some sort of load errors.  To show how simple I
started, I only included a single header file to my existing project.

I thought maybe if I compiled the ITK project as CLR things would be
better.  The upshot of that is that I was never able to even compile in
that mode due to the .c files not compiling as c++ (I tried with every
effort from the cmake side to make that happen including trying to change
the cmake code - ha).

So, does a simple solution exist?  Can someone provide an example that
works?

Please help with my, now, obsession to make this work!

Many Thanks,

Anthony