[Insight-users] Reading DICOMs using Python wrapping

Willi Huber surfersparadise85-itk at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 8 01:58:39 EST 2013

Hello all,

I am using python(x,y) and I want to work on some dicom volumes in ITK and VTK.

My idea was to use ITK for reading the data and if necessary transfer them to VTK using the glue. My problem now is that itk only supports itk.UC and/or itk.US as datatype for reading in python wrapped ITK which is not sufficient.
Does it make sense to allow more datatypes for another users point of view.
If not it would be nice if someone could give me a hint how to easily transfer raw data to ITK using GDCM.

Cheers,
Willi