[Insight-users] Reading DICOMs using Python wrapping

Bradley Lowekamp blowekamp at mail.nih.gov
Tue Jan 8 07:58:14 EST 2013

Hello,

You need to recompile you WrapITK to support the pixel types you need.

While you are waiting for that you should try a built distribution of SimpleITK 0.6rc1!

SimpleITK is compiled for just about all pixel types.

The ImageSeriesReader has a couple methods the get the GDCM series files names that can be feed into the reader to read.

SimpleITK also has the GetArrayFromImage function which convert the SimpleITK image into a numpy array. It should be easy to convert that into a VTK image, just a little bit of attention is going to be needed to get the meta-data converted correctly. We really should create a utility library to aid in this type of conversion.

Brad